The C.A.S.T. for Kids Event was designed to create an adaptive environment where children, ages 5-17, and adults could both benefit, sharing a day of fun on the water that they may not otherwise have the opportunity to experience.
Volunteer Find an Event Donate to This Program Be a Fundraiser
Participants are hosted at a local lake, or body of water, supplied with a fishing rod & reel, t-shirt, hat, and tackle box, partnered with an experienced volunteer angler and escorted onto a boat where, with the supervision of a parent or guardian, they are shown proper fishing techniques and receive natural resources education. Participants and volunteers all then return from their morning fishing excursion to a BBQ lunch and an awards ceremony.
Goals of the C.A.S.T. for Kids Program
- Expose children, who may not otherwise get the opportunity, to the sport of fishing and the enjoyment of the outdoors
- Encourage continued participation in fishing by developing skills in the children along with their parents
- Provide education and understanding to children about fish as a natural resource
- Increase the awareness of all participants, parents, sportsmen, and volunteers, to the capabilities of children with disabilities, in effect strengthening local communities
C.A.S.T. for Kids events are held annually. Search our Calendar to find an event near you. Don’t see an event near you? Please join our family of coordinators and host an event! We are always looking for passionate people who care about kids and strengthening their community.
Volunteers are critical to the success of every event. Before event day volunteers may join the Planning Committee and help with organizing various pieces of the event. Event day is a favorite, as volunteers set up the event, run registration, pass out fishing rods to the kids and get life jackets fitted, drivers launch boats, fisherman volunteer their boats and experience to take out the kids on the water, shore volunteers set up the lunch and awards ceremony.
Check out event photos from our past events. Looking for photos from your recent event? You can:
- Find your event on the Calendar
- Scroll down and find the “View All Event Photos” button – it will take you directly to all the past years of that event.
- Or, go to our Flickr Collection of Photo Galleries and follow these instructions (for those not familiar with or new to Flickr)
- The link takes you directly to our page of “Collections” – each event is its own “Collection”
- Scroll until you find your event (listed by the name of the body of water (lake, reservoir, etc)).
- The photos for each year are in an “Album” and all the “Albums” are grouped together into a “Collection”
View All Event Photos